Welcome to TridentAB 🎉.
This guide will guide you to make your first A/B Test.
(1) You'll want to head to your Shopify Dashboard and click on Apps
(2) Next, you'll want to select your TridentAB App from your app list.
(3) Click the "Create test" button to create your first test.(4) Give a name to your new AB test. This name won't be visible to your users, this is for your personal use.
(5) Select which product you'd like to run a test on. Once you've found the product you're looking for, click the "Add" button.
(6) Click on the Next Step button to continue.
(7) This is where the fun begins! You are now free to customize your Variant B. By default, we copy all content from your current product listing. Feel free to edit any of your product details.
During your A/B test, some of your visitors will see your original product (your Variant A, which is not editable) and some will see your Variant B (the edited version).
TridentAB will then measure which of those versions performs best 🙌. This will help you incrementally improve your product listings and grow your conversion rate.
We recommend that you make "smaller" incremental tests so that you can better identify the reason why one variant is performing better than the other.
For example, you could start a test that only changes the product name only. You could also run another test (later on) that only changes your product picture. This is the best way to move efficiently to a better product listing.
This means that when building your test, you should leave most fields the same, and only make a slight variation based on what you're looking to test. In this example, I'm testing my product name:
Your Variant A is your product listing "as-is". Your "Variant A" cannot be edited. It represents your current product information. To edit your "Variant A", head to the Product section in Shopify.
Variant B is where you can make your changes (this will be the aspects you'll be testing during your A/B test). After editing your product listing's Variant B, please click Next step.
(8) The "Period" view allows you to select the duration of your test. When will it start, when will it end and how often (the frequency) will TridentAB alternate between your Variant A (your current listing) and Variant B (your modified product listing).
In this example, I'll be running my test for 30 days, changing from Variant A and B every 30 minutes. This will give me 1440 switches between my control listing (variant A) and my variant B.
You can finish creating your test by clicking Next step and deciding to Enable your test right away. Please note that if you decide to start your test now, your Variant B will be enabled within the next 10 minutes.
Are you testing a price change?
Did you know that TridentAB can also allow you to test a price change?
Please note that by testing different prices on your product, it is possible that a "Switch" between variants happens at the same time as your user has this product in their cart.
In order to mitigate this risk, we do not recommend setting the frequency to less than 60 minutes if you're testing a price change. As a result, we've set 60 minutes as the minimum frequency for this test. By doing so, we'll be minimizing the risk that this issue occurs.
If this happens, your visitor may end up checking out at a different price than what they saw initially when adding the product to their cart. Use this function carefully and only for the duration needed to identify your optimal pricing.
How do I get started?
What will happen if I test the price of a product?